UBM Medica US announces that Cancer Network, a leading online community for oncologists and others who treat cancer and the online home of the journal ONCOLOGY, presents exclusive coverage of the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) 2014 Congress, held September 26–30 in Madrid, Spain.
Cancer Network offers blogs, podcasts, and news on the latest clinical findings and best practices in oncology.
Highlights from this year's meeting coverage include:
- An interview with Dr. Thomas Powles, of the Barts Cancer Institute, discussing the rapidly evolving advances in the treatment of kidney, bladder, and testicular cancers.
- Final data from the CLEOPATRA trial showing that pertuzumab adds nearly 16 months to median survival times when used with trastuzumab and chemo in HER2-positive breast cancer.
- Two French studies that found that screening for colorectal cancer with fecal occult blood tests can be very effective and supplement colonoscopy.
- A pair of studies showing that combining BRAF and MEK inhibitors results in better response, PFS, and overall survival compared with a BRAF inhibitor alone in BRAF-positive melanoma patients.
- Findings that exposure to chemo or radiotherapy has no long-term negative mental or cardiac effects on children exposed to these cancer treatments while in the womb.
SOURCE UBM Medica US